Joseph S Weger
Summary of qualifications:
- 1991–1992 Institute of Psycho-Structural Balancing S.M., CA. Certified Massage Therapist
- Graduated head of the class.
- 1992 Institute assistant guest instructor to Teacher Laurie Stewart 1995 - 1996
- Swedish Institute of Massage NYC, NY, NYC Licensed Massage Therapist & Graduate Media
- Harper’s Bazaar - Oct 2001
- Who's Healing Hollywood? www.hipguide.com - 2000
- Best Massage in NYC New York Magazine - May 1999
- Best Massage in NY New York Magazine - Apr 1999
- Best Aromatherapist in New York New York Post - Apr 1998
- Best Massage Therapist in NYC Fashion Almanac - Dec 1997
- Featured Exercise for Men Only - Oct 1997
- Best Massage in New York Top Model - Oct 1997
Featured Professional Experience
- 1998-Present - Hands from Heaven: KY / NYC - Owner From 1998 until present has attended a busy private practice in NYC and Lexington, KY
- 2006-2009 - Refresh Body: Premier on-demand, on-location wellness concierge service NYC Chief Therapist and Trainer - Interviewed, hired, trained and created initial massage therapy teams during NYC Company launch. Assign, Train, and mentor Lead Supervising Practitioners in NYC - Conduct demo interviews and evaluate applicant technical assessment of various pathologies and aptitude of hands on skills and technique - Conduct orienting Welcome Sessions to educate new contractors - Monitor therapist's performance and check in regularly keeping a pulse on team morale - Mentor and assist in fine tuning and strengthening multiple modalities and techniques through practice sessions.
- Creation and development of Company equipment and product line 1996-1998 Miano Viel Salon & Spa NYC, NY
- Head Massage Therapist Member of Miano Viel Salon Team in 1996, and their busiest massage therapist.
- During his tenure, he was introduced to "The Teyf Massage Method” studying and practicing this discipline, under Mr. Glenn Teyf during his two year tenure. The “Teyf Method” is a system of stretching and stripping the muscle belly with deep tissue & trigger point using pinpoint accuracy to cause a release in chronically contracted muscles and adhesions.
- 1992 -1994 Private Practice LA, CA Owner Continued working on and developing own brand and style of massage.
- Studied, developed and refined essential oil combination treatments for his clientèle